Deadline: November 23 2018
Eight postgraduate scholarships are available to Southern African women media leaders who wish to study media management at Rhodes University’s Sol Plaatje Institute (SPI) for Media Leadership in 2019.
Successful applicants will register for the SPI’s intensive, one-year fulltime Postgraduate Diploma in Media Management (PDMM), the only formal media management qualification in Africa and the developing world. The PDMM is currently a fulltime programme that is run over one academic year. It is designed to provide people who work or aspire to work in the media industry with critical work skills, knowledge and understandings to perform more effectively and strategically in their organizations and to fast-track their careers to management positions.
The scholarship covers
- The full cost of tuition
- Accommodation and meals in one of Rhodes University’s residences
- All learning materials
- A modest monthly subsistence allowance
- Medical aid
- Mid-year media management internship costs.
- Applicants should be from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia, the DRC, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe. Candidates from Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, the DRC and Lesotho will get priority in the selection of scholars for 2019;
- Only women candidates who are already working in the media industry in the 10 Southern African countries of OSISA listed above are eligible to apply for these scholarships;
- Candidates should already have an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
To apply and for more information about the 2019 Rhodes Scholarships