Deadline: June 28 2019
Applications for the Electric South New Dimensions Lab 2019 are now open. Now in its 4th year, the New Dimensions Lab brings together diverse African artists to develop stories told through creative technology alongside leading industry mentors.
The Lab takes place over the course of a week at a private retreat where artists engage in discussions and masterclasses, and workshop their creative projects. 5 to 8 applicants will be selected to participate.
Past mentors have included Jessica Brillhart (Google, Vrai Pictures), Jim Chuchu (The Nest Collective), Darren Emerson (VR City), Selly Raby Kane, Kamal Sinclair (Sundance New Frontier), Eden Labs, Yasmin Elayat (Scatter), and Oscar Raby (VRTOV).
- Electric South fully covers travel, accommodation and meals for participants.
Applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents of an African country
- Currently living on the African continent (at least 8 months a year)
- Accomplished in an artistic field. Any creative discipline is welcome. Past applicants have experience in: documentary and fiction film, theatre, performance & visual arts, fashion, photography, writing, design, creative technology and game development.
Projects ideas must:
- Be non-fiction stories. They welcome creative interpretation of documentaries and fiction/documentary hybrids.
- Use immersive technologies, such as Virtual Reality (VR) or Augmented Reality (AR). This could include 360 film, interactive worlds, animation, artificial intelligence, projection mapping, hybrid forms, and beyond.
Click here to apply.