Deadline: October 28, 2019
Have you successfully developed innovative digital solutions for the agricultural and food sector with a positive impact on income generation? Are you still looking for company development support to scale your business and increase your impact?
The GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme provides tailor-made company development measures aimed at improving your investment readiness and gaining access to investment and business opportunities.
‘Scaling digital agriculture innovations through start-ups’ (SAIS) is a project implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Our goal is to scale digital innovations developed by African start-ups that enable their users in the agricultural or food sector to increase their income.
- A six-month Investment Readiness Programme fully funded by GIZ-SAIS beginning in December 2019. The programme is built around regular virtual coaching and training sessions with experienced company developers and growth managers.
- Access to additional service providers to optimize certain segments of your venture (e.g. legal, cash flow, marketing, coding, etc.).
- Three in-person meet-ups complete the programme: a kick-off workshop in Nairobi, Kenya, on December 2019, followed by a mid-term check-in in the third or fourth month and a link-up event with investors and business partners will conclude the programme.
You can apply if your business is
- a start-up registered in Africa, a for-profit business with a team of at least two people,
- offering scalable digital solutions with a clear positive impact on income in the agricultural and/or food sector (e.g. through savings, business opportunities, added value, etc.),
- in the post-seed stage (i.e. have launched a minimum viable product, have an existing customer base, have evidence of revenue).
Click here to apply