Deadline: October 31 2019
Short Story Day Africa wants your stories of change, protest, destruction, adaptation, disruption, and recreation. Stories that explore how changing climates affect us, our adaptations to the environment, and the innovations that bring us hope.
This year, Short Story Day Africa is seeking short fiction exploring disruption, especially but not limited to climate and environmental disruption.
- First prize: $800
- Second prize: $200
- Third prize: $100
- Any African citizen or African person living in the diaspora*, as well as persons residing permanently (granted permanent residence or similar) in any African country, may enter.
- Writers may only submit one story for the competition. Repeat entries by the same writer will be disqualified.
- Writers are welcome to submit stories in any fiction genre.
- Stories must be relevant to the theme, although we do encourage creative interpretations.
- Stories must be between 3000 and 5000 words in length.
- Stories must be submitted in English. While you are free to incorporate other languages into your story, the story must be able to be understood fully by its English content.
Click here to apply.