Deadline: May 20 2019
Moi University is a Public University located in Eldoret, Kenya. The University offers world-class training both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As a result of a successful application for World Bank funding during the Africa Center of Excellence II bidding by Eastern and Southern African States, the University is hosting the African Center of Excellence in Phytochemicals, Textile and Renewable Energy, ACEII-PTRE. The Center is, therefore, offering limited postgraduate scholarships for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (Ph.D.) to highly deserving students on a competitive basis. The Center’s scholarships will be offered to both national and regional students in the following fields: Analytical Chemistry (MSc and Ph.D.), Materials & Textile Engineering (Ph.D.), Industrial Engineering (MSc), Textile Engineering (MSc), and Renewable Energy (Msc and Ph.D.). Doctorate (Ph.D.) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of three years (36 months) while Masters (MSc) scholarships will be awarded for a maximum of two years (24 months).W
Only shortlisted candidates as per the following criteria will be considered:
- A minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division or its equivalent in a Bachelor’s degree related to the field one is interested in. In case of PhD application, Master’s degree in a related field is a requirement.
- The candidate must meet minimum requirement for admission into Masters and PhD programmes as stipulated by Moi University Senate.
- All interested candidates must have a research concept paper in the intended area of study.
- Demonstration that one cannot afford to pay for his or her postgraduate programme will be a requirement.
- Proof of admission into the above stated programmes will be an added advantage.
- The following candidates are highly encouraged to apply for the scholarship: female, regional, disadvantaged, marginalized groups and candidates with disabilities.
Please click here to apply.