Deadline: June 15, 2019
The Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is an intensive week-long programme of practical sessions, workshops, policy exercises and institutional visits delivered by world leading experts.
Set up to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders.
The 12th Edition of Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is a meeting of 100 young and aspiring diplomats from over 75 countries covering every region in the world to tackle hot topics of international affairs.
Previous editions took place in Ankara (September 2013), Mexico (June 2014), London ( September 2014), Greece ( June 2015), Croatia ( September 2016), Latvia ( September 2017) and Malaysia ( September 2018).
The proceedings and workshops of the forum engage young diplomats with Ambassadors, MPs, MEPs, Government officials, Media and Diplomacy experts on different issues of global affairs. In addition, the Young Diplomats Forum is a cultural and entertaining experience that create international friendship amongst participants and engage with institutions in the host country and connect with the place.
Highlights from the week:
- Diplomacy in the 21st Century ambassadors and leading experts at the Global Diplomats Forum
- Digital Diplomacy in collaboration with the Facebook Europe
- Priorities of UK Foreign Policy at parliamentarian diplomacy with members of parliament
- The role of think tanks in Foreign Policy in partnership with RUSI
- The challenges to the UK-EU foreign policy at the EU representation office in London
- Policy development workshop
- Negotiations workshop
- Smart Diplomacy workshop
- Closing Ceremony at the House of Lords
- Interest in international relations.
- Age between 18-35
Click here to apply.