Deadline: November 30, 2019
The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) offers research grants to Nigerians wishing to undertake research work in fields related to nature conservation and sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be to support a Ph.D. programme.
This year’s theme is “Human-Wildlife Conflict”.
The NCF has a vision of a Nigeria where people prosper while living in harmony with nature. This vision is what drives the following NCF mission statements:
- The preservation of a full range of Nigeria’s biodiversity which includes species, ecosystems and genetic biodiversity
- The promotion of sustainable use of natural resources for the benefit of present and future generations; and
- The advocacy of actions that minimize pollution and wasteful utilization of renewable resources.
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens;
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management;
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated above;
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission;
- Proposals must be in line with the theme.
Click here to apply