Deadline: December 20, 2019
Join the Youth in Business Programme to boost your business aimed at business-savvy youth within Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Mfuleni and surrounding areas. This programme aims to create an enabling environment for young people to gain an in-depth, hands-on learning experience of the tech tools available to aid in the growth and development of their business.
- This programme will equip these young people with the skills necessary to improve and grow their businesses to become economically sustainable.
- The programme is fully funded by the Department of Economic Development and Tourism and there is no cost to participate.
To qualify for the Youth in Business programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Entrepreneurs must be aged between 18 and 35
- Business must be 100% Black youth-owned
- Business must be operational (not in ideation phase)
- Entrepreneurs must reside in the following locations: Khayelitsha, Mitchells Plain, Mfuleni, Philippi and Langa, Delft, Eeste river, Macasssar, and surrounding areas
- Must have a desire to learn and introduce technology into their business
- Must commit to the full YIB Programme (2-hour weekly training over 10 weeks, followed by a 10-month online course).
Click here to apply.