- Be a citizen of the following countries: Algeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, and Zambia
- Be 40 years of age or younger by March 31, 2020
- Have at least a master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline relevant to climate change adaptation with a focus on agriculture and food systems
- Have research experience in any of the five thematic areas as outlined in the One Planet Scientific Fellowship Framework
- Reside in Africa and be actively engaged in research, policy and/or practice relevant to climate change and Africa’s smallholder agriculture
- Not a previous beneficiary of the AWARD Fellowship initiative.
Deadline: March 31 2020 The One Planet Fellowship seeks to build a vibrant, highly connected and intergenerational network of African and European scientists equipped to lead research on the multi-dimensional impacts of climate change on Africa’s agriculture and food systems while also identifying and developing innovative solutions to effectively respond to the challenges, needs and priorities of diverse population groups across the continent. Eligibility To be eligible for the One Planet Fellowship, applicants must