Deadline: October 21, 2019
The Peace and Social Change Fellowship Program is designed to bring together activists, practitioners and academics to learn from and with each other, strengthen relationships, and exchange ideas with other grassroots women change-makers from across diverse contexts and geographies. This 2020 call for applications is open to African grassroots activists working broadly on the issue of peace and security. This includes less commonly recognized aspects of peace and security, such as gender-based violence, land rights, economic equity, sexual and reproductive rights, and climate change, among other topics.
The fellowship will begin with a three-day Peace and Social Change workshop that will take place in Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020. Fellows will be invited to bring two to three representatives from their organizations with them to the workshop in order to increase cross-learning within their respective organizations/movements.
- All participants will have costs related to travel, lodging, and meals throughout the Nairobi workshop covered.
- After the January workshop, the Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) program staff will facilitate six months of ongoing communication among the fellowship cohort via webinars and email.
The fellowship is designed for women grassroots activists who:
- Currently working on behalf of an African-based, grassroots-level organization or movement in the area of social justice and social change such as, but not limited to, gender-based violence, land rights, climate change, maternal health, etc.
- Currently, reside in Africa
- Have a history of movement-building or change-making in their community
- Have some aspect of their work related to the theme of peace and security
- Are available to travel to Nairobi, Kenya in January 2020 and July 2020 for two three-day workshops
- Are interested in collaborating with graduate students from the United States to generate research for movement support
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Are proficient in English
- All levels of experience are invited to apply
Click here to apply.