Deadline: April 30 2019
Are you an African student from departments of political science; international relations; history; law; development studies; peace; security and conflict studies or related departments? The African Leadership Centre (ALC) is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Peace, Security, and Development Fellowships for African Scholars starting in September 2019.
This Fellowship covers an 18-month period, comprising a rigorous training and research programme on peace, security, and development, which includes a 12-Month MSc programme at King’s College London and a six-month attachment to an African University to undertake an independent research project. The Fellowship programme is designed to expose junior African scholars to the complexities of security and development issues facing the African continent.
This is a fully funded opportunity, not including any visa application and processing costs. Funds will be made available to cover tuition, subsistence in the UK and Africa, accommodation, research-related costs, and all travel expenses related to the programme.
- Candidates must have citizenship in an African country.
- The competition is open ONLY to junior faculty members based in universities in Africa from departments of political science; international relations; history; law; development studies; peace; security and conflict studies, and related departments.
- Candidates need to demonstrate an interest in pursuing careers in the field of peace, security, and development.
- Candidates must additionally be able to demonstrate the capacity to undertake research on issues relating to peace and security in Africa.
- Successful candidates will be attached to a Research Cluster where they will work with ALC Research Associates and Senior Research Fellows to undertake research on select aspects of the ALC Research Agenda on “Peace, Society and the State in Africa”. Candidates will be expected to have a clear plan on how to utilize knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon return to their countries and academic institutions.
Please click here to apply.