Deadline: April 30 2019
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in partnership with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, is inviting students who are at least in the final year of their BSc program or BSc degree holders with an interest in data science and its related disciplines (such as Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Cluster Analysis, Data Mining, Big data Analytics, Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Deep Active Learning, Cognitive Computing among others), to apply for one of six attractive Masters by Research scholarships at its pioneering Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Research Centre in Rwanda.
Successful candidates will each benefit from financial support of up to $10 000 per annum for at most two years. Applicants with an MSc degree could be eligible for a –year MPhil. Funding is also available for conferences and international scientific events. The term can be renewed based on satisfactory progress.
- Applicants can be from any country.
- Applicants must hold at least a BSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences before the start date of this position.
- Applicants should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines.
- Knowledge in mathematical modelling would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be open-minded, and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centres.
Click here to apply.