Deadline: 30 January 2019
The UK Government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport has launched a new International Tech Hub Network in 2019, in partnership with the British High Commission in Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa for Startups to join the country’s Go Global 2019 programme.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with the UK to take their startup to the next level. Go Global has been designed to prepare post Minimum Viable Product (MVP) startups for the next stage with a focus on enhancing business skills; experiential learning through peer to peer engagements with other start-ups in the UK ecosystem; and key learnings around how to think about and tackle a future global expansion.
- Travel costs, accommodations and most meals.
- Successful applicants will be sponsored to join a delegation of ambitious African start-ups to the UK for a 2-week immersive programme in March 2019.
- The programme will help companies to improve their business skills and capability, build links with the UK’s thriving tech sector and work with UK expertise to take their business to the next level.
They are currently accepting applications from companies based in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa who meet the following criteria:
- Post MVP stage with a live product in the market
- Demonstrable evidence of some customer traction
- Have not raised more than £2m of investment
- Active in fields aimed to create a better future for Africa, with a specific focus on Transport, Energy, Water, Connectivity, Digital Health, Fintech, and Agritech.
- Led by a founder/s who have a strong sense of commitment and drive to strengthen the local ecosystem for other start-ups to grow and thrive by passing on the learning from this opportunity to their communities and acting as future champions of the Tech Hub’s work.
- Ambitions to expand regionally and internationally in the future.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
Please click here to learn more.