Deadline: 6 March 2019
The British Academy is seeking applications for its Global Professorships Program with an aim to demonstrate and further enhance the UK’s commitment to international research partnerships and collaboration as well as strengthen the UK’s research capacity and capability in the humanities and the social sciences.
This programme provides mid-career to senior scholars – active in any discipline within the social sciences and the humanities and based in any country overseas – with the opportunity to relocate for a period of four years to the UK and make a contribution to UK research and higher education.
Funding Information & Duration
- The British Academy will provide funding of up to £187,500 per annum, and up to £750,000 over four years.
- The host UK institution will be expected to contribute £37,500 per annum (20% of the Academy’s annual contribution) to help support the applicant’s salary in each of the four years.
- Awards are for a period of 4 years.
- Be a world-class internationally-recognised mid-career to senior researchers who are currently employed outside the United Kingdom, on a permanent contract (which may be part-time or full-time) or, if temporary, would normally be on a contract that will not end during the course of the grant unless expressly agreed with the Academy prior to the application being submitted that such an application would be considered eligible, in any field of the humanities or the social sciences.
- Hold a doctoral degree (or have equivalent research experience).
- Be available to take up an unpaid leave of absence, a long-term secondment or employment at an eligible UK host institution. Eligible institutions include but are not limited to the British International Research Institutes.
- Awards are only available to individuals, to be held in an institutional context. Co-applicants are not permitted.
- Awards will not be made retrospectively: this means that the work for which support is requested must not have commenced before the award is announced.
- Awards must be taken up between 1 August 2019 – 1 February 2020.
Please click here.