Deadline: October 10, 2019
Applications are now open for Daniele Tamagni Grant which is an international photography grant designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers.
The Grant, thanks to its partners and the panel members creates the opportunity of important global references in the Photo and Media industry, including important publishers and galleries. Elevating Creativity to a Profession, thanks to the scholarship the recipient of the Grant will be in the position to become a positive agent of change, shining new light over the evolution of the African identity.
The applicant must
- Be between 18- 30 years (as of July 31st, 2019);
- To be the sole author of the photographs;
- Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs;
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights;
- Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong to the applicant and the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion, and cultural initiatives; and
- The Daniele Tamagni Estate will license, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
- A monthly bursary of 9,000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
- Curation of a new body of work to be developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
- The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image. There the Recipient will be introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, have the opportunity to take part in dedicated programs and conferences.
Click here to apply