A pitch deck is a brief presentation, often created using PowerPoint to provide your audience with a quick overview of your business plan. A pitch deck is used during face-to-face or online meetings with potential investors, customers, partners, and co-founders.
A pitch deck helps you to concisely articulate the important questions about your business as many investors want to see a pitch.
Steps to Write A Pitch Deck
- Company purpose: A company’s purpose is its reason for existing, and a succinct statement should explain this, giving all employees an identity to latch onto and the inspiration to be inventive and advance the organization
- Problem: What problem is your company’s purpose meeting?
- Solution: What solution are you providing for the identified problem. Is it a service based or product based solution?
- Market size: What is the size of the market that your solution aims to meet?
- Traction: This is the evidence that your product or service has a valid business model and is sustainable
- Technology and product: Will your solution be tech-enabled or tech-based? This explains how you are going to reach your target customer.
- Competition: Are there other people who are currently solving the same problem as your business?
- Competitive advantage: What makes your business stand out of the competition?
- Why now?: This explains the urgency of your solution as there are businesses whose model may not be applicable until a few years later.
- Business model: This is the plan for the successful operation of your business, how you will make money, your target customers and how you aim to finance your business.
- Customer acquisition: This provides details on how you aim to get customers to pay for your product or service.
- Team: Are you working alone or you have other people in your business? What are there expertise and how many years experience do they have?
- Investment: How much are you looking to invest in your business and for what percentage share in the business?
- Summary: This will be a summary of your business model and your investment request.