Deadline: 21 October 2018
KAICIID is an intergovernmental organization whose mandate is to promote the use of dialogue globally to prevent and resolve conflict to enhance understanding and cooperation.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, Nigeria, and close collaboration with the Country Expert, Nigeria, the primary role of the Project Officer will be in charge of, developing, implementing, supporting, as well as monitoring and evaluating the Forum’s and KAICIIDs activities as well as to support their implementation on a logistical level.
- Technical support and capacity building;
- Programmatic and financial monitoring of IDFP and other local partners’ initiatives;
- Development of project proposals;
- Grants management;
- Logistic and administrative support and planning of activities;
- Organize project-related events and activities, identify and in coordination with the Centre, procure conference venues and local accommodation;
- Arrange the associated local travel and logistics;
- Provide technical support to the IRD Platform on request;
- Monitor the project-related budget and liaise with all relevant parties, to ensure timely and accurate payment of expenditures, timelines, and tracking reporting requirements; exercising responsibility for administrative and logistical aspects of the project;
- Support the drafting of project-related correspondence and documents, including procurement documents such as technical specifications and terms of reference, progress reports, concepts, presentations, financial reports and other reports as required;
- Support trainers facilitators and moderators, draft reports on the outcome of the meetings, ensure evaluation by participants and follow-up as required;
- Follow up on the implementation of the small grants scheme;
- Document the activities implemented and good practices;
- Perform any other duties as required by local partners.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Political Science, Cultural Studies, Social Studies, Engineering, Development Studies, Business Administration or any related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience as a project manager, preferably in an international setting; previous work on Interreligious Dialogue is an asset;
- A good knowledge of all the aspects of the conflict in the region and its cultural, religious and social characteristics;
- Knowledge of and experience with monitoring and evaluation framework(s);
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Excellent planning and administrative skills including budget monitoring;
- Cross-cultural and interreligious sensitivity;
- Commitment to highest ethical standards and human rights;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a motivation letter.
Click here to start.