Deadline: 16 October 2018
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland (MFA) has announced a call to Tanzanian non-governmental organizations for core support in order to strengthen citizen participation and accountability.
This support in development cooperation is a discretionary government transfer (later referred to as “the Grant”). It will be awarded to an eligible Tanzanian non-governmental organization (later referred to as “the Organization”) for support to the implementation of the Organization’s strategic plan during 2019-2020. The Organization’s strategic plan shall support the opportunities for citizen participation and accountability in Tanzania.
An organization, which is interested in receiving the Grant, shall submit an application to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, which shall select one eligible recipient Organization.
The maximum amount of financing to be awarded as a Grant is 350 000 EUR + a potential for another 350 000 EUR in 2019 pending annual Parliamentary approval in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant organization must:
- be ODA eligible
- be a Tanzanian non-governmental organization
- be registered and legally competent
- have been operational for a minimum of three years
- have at least 15% of funding from at least one other source
- have a functional board of directors
- be a non-partisan organization
- demonstrate past success in work on citizen participation and accountability which has been evaluated
- demonstrate good working relations with Tanzanian stakeholders including Government of Tanzania, the Parliament, and Local and regional authorities
- have a solid financial management system including regular financial audits, and a reliable monitoring, evaluation and reporting system, including capability to report in English
- have a sufficient infrastructure and human resources in Tanzania
- demonstrate experience of working with an international donor
- demonstrate that it is capable of starting activities during the first quarter of 2019.
Among the organizations that meet the requirements stated above, the Ministry will evaluate and assess the organizations and their applications according to the following criteria:
- Compatibility of the goals of organization´s strategic plan with the goals of the Finnish Development Policy, and in particular, Tanzania country strategy´s goals
- Demonstrated experience and success in working citizen participation, accountability and transparency
- Extent of applying Results Based Management, Human Rights Based Approach and non-discrimination in the organization´s strategic plan
- Extent of inclusion of gender equality in both the strategic plan and organizational policies
- Quality of organizational risk analysis and risk management approach
- Innovativeness of the selected implementation strategies
- Organizational capacity (in terms of financial management, human resources and monitoring and evaluation)
- Geographic coverage of the planned activities
- Experience of working with different stakeholders (both governmental and non-stake actors) in Tanzania
How to Apply
The application shall also be sent by e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.