Deadline: June 30 2019
The Spindle and Voice have joined forces for the second edition of the NOW-Us! Award that recognizes inspiring inclusive initiatives from Africa and Asia that work to promote diversity and inclusion to trigger the self-empowerment of marginalized and excluded groups and communities.
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win a 5-day trip for 2 persons to the Netherlands to participate in the NOW-Us! Innovation bootcamp from 7-12 October (travel expenses and stay are covered by the NOW-Us! Award). Per team, they have a place in the NOW-Us! week for one of each gender.
- The 10 shortlisted initiatives win tickets to the Partos Innovation festival, where their projects are celebrated and they can connect with other like-minded organizations and make their voices heard in international development conversations on inclusion. Nothing about us, without us! in action.
- The numbers 1, 2 and 3 win a Voice grant (worth € 25.000, € 15.000, and € 10.000, respectively) to take home the lessons learned of the NOW-Us! week and implement the proposed initiative.
The NOW-Us! Award focuses exclusively on initiatives that contribute positively to one or more the following groups or communities:
- People with disabilities
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Age discriminated vulnerable groups, notably the young and the elderly
- Indigenous groups and/or ethnic minorities
Click here to apply