- Write: If you’re like me who needs to gather my thoughts into words, put up blog posts, finish up on several drafts that have overstayed their time on my back-end, then you should do this. Asides what I’ve mentioned, if you need to work on a write-up, then do it.
- Prioritize Tasks: Itemize the tasks you’ve been procrastinating on if you have any. Pick the most important and necessary one and start with that. Some tasks are necessary but not very important. Instead of wasting that little time on the ‘not important’, I would advise you tackle the ‘important and urgent‘.
- Plan your day: The best way to live life is to be deliberate. A day planned for can be the most effective day. So if you’ve been jumping into the day without knowing how you want it to turn out, the things you’d be doing all through that day, then I recommend you do this. Itemize what you need to do for that day in order of priority and importance.
- Set out your clothes: Yes, your clothes! For the whole week or for that day. I do this and it has been very helpful. I plan my outfit for a whole week, hang and iron the necessary ones. Although I don’t like ironing, I’ve been trying. Don’t be like me! So instead of waking up and looking for what to put on, you’d have saved yourself some time and stress. The days I don’t plan my cloth I wear anything I see on my hanger. But there are times you’d want to combine nice colours and look sharp. So plan it!
- Meditation (Introspection): Seriously? Who wakes up at night to think? Yes, I’ve tried everything listed here. The truth is we get too busy sometimes that we forget ourselves and even lose ourselves in the busyness. Having to ruminate over your life and how you’re faring isn’t a bad idea. It helps us to check our excesses and areas we’ve not been meeting up. You can be too distracted during the day.
- Pray: I love this one! Even though I have not been entirely faithful to this. But I do this too. You can take out time to commune with God and build expectations for every area of your life. There is no specific duration. Just a sincere communion from a sincere heart, at least for starters. Some people can pray for hours which is good. But don’t be intimidated by hours. Just be sincere with yourself and edify (build up) your faith.
Am I the only one who thinks 8 hours of sleep is not for me, at least not yet? Do you feel guilty like I sometimes do when you make plans to attain certain goals only to have sleep steal those desired outcomes from you? Many people will like to get the hang on how to manage sleep. While the importance of sleep cannot be overemphasized the night time seems to be the productive time of the day. Here are few things you can do when you’re up at night, either struggling for like an hour before finally getting up or through an annoying alarm beep: Remember it’s a gradual process….