Thank you for your question. We are happy to read from you and we will recommend four ways you can attract investors for your business idea.
- Ask friends and family – If you have close friends that have had their businesses funded, it is a good place to start. Ask your close friends and also family to provide you with information on prospective investors for your business idea.
- Crowdfunding: There is a growing trend today with several online platforms that have members who are willing to provide you with the start up funds you need if your business idea is novel. Examples of these platforms are Kickstarter, GoFundMe, Indiegogo and a host of others.
- Accelerator and Incubator Programs: Your business idea is a baby and you want it to grow and flourish, so working with an incubator or accelerator gives you a whole host of investor resources to watch that business grow up and succeed. These investors are primarily interested in taking on a bigger role to help turn your idea into a viable business model as well as provide the funding sources to make it happen.
- Angel Networks: You can find that angel investor who not only will invest in your start-up, but will also sit on your shoulder, offering mentorship, solid advice, and provide access to their network of contacts.
- Register for the Startup Nation workshop which is happening next Wednesday 28th November, 2018 to learn firsthand from seasoned entrepreneurs and coaches. Use bit.ly/saharaSUN