Deadline: July 12, 2019
The biennial Recognizing Excellence Around Champions of Health (REACH) Awards recognize those who have demonstrated extraordinary leadership and commitment in the field of disease elimination. From boots-on-the-ground innovators to local community health workers, the REACH Awards aim to celebrate critical contributions from those on the front lines of disease elimination. The awards underscore the belief of His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, that no one should suffer from preventable diseases and that the ability of people to live a healthy life is a key driver of development, which leads to stable, prosperous societies.
- Nominees must be individuals and will be accepted from organizations in any part of the world, including non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, international organizations, government agencies and academic institutions.
- Nominees may be any age, but preference will be given to young leaders (under age 35) for the Rising Champion Award.
- A nominator may submit more than one nomination in one or more of the award categories
- During the application process, nominators, nominees and evaluators will be required to confirm that they have read and understand the 2019 REACH awards statutes, and acknowledge that any information submitted will be subject to and handled in accordance with such provisions.
- Each nominee may only be considered for one (1) award category.
- No person can nominate herself/himself for the REACH Awards
- Nominees must be working in the field of human disease elimination in low-income settings but may come from any sector (civil society, academia, private sector, medicine, etc.) This may include efforts to eliminate transmission or eliminate a disease as a public health threat.
Click here to apply